As the cries of Ohio for Jesus! All things are possible! echo across our great state, we believe the Spirit is opening our eyes to what that could really mean. We’ll be talking quite a bit about Heartland tonight, and for good reason. But what if God was drawing our hearts together for something even bigger than any of us imagined?
After years of rigorous planning along with a 100% affirmative vote by our ministers, it’s unquestionably time to prepare our amazing camp, conference and retreat center for its next phase of growth and development. For a variety of reasons you’ll soon discover, it seems wise to move forward without further delay. We’ll be repetitively grateful in the coming years of Ohio for Jesus! expansion that we have the needed facilities at Heartland for strategic training, prayer, evangelism and more.
But churches around Ohio need to prepare, too. If All things are possible!, then why not believe together for Ohio churches to be perfectly poised for the expansion of their local vision!
- Many churches who plan to start new churches need to address their lingering mortgages now
- Pastors and boards who want to strategically hire new staff are facing a sizable gap in their finances
- Existing church buildings all over Ohio are in need of overdue repairs and capital improvements
- Weary pastors and leaders need a breakthrough in church unity, vision, and engagement
- Pastors long to dramatically increase their participation and support of missions
It’s been a generation since we last came together for the campaign that successfully launched Heartland. This is our generation’s opportunity to do more than construct some functional facilities. As leaders, it’s time for us to band together across the state – in faith, in prayer, in sacrifice – to see our powerful God position Heartland and our churches for growth, expansion and the greatest evangelistic effort Ohio has ever seen!
In this webpage you will discover the Purpose, the Project and the Plan for Heartland’s Phase II. We invite you to prayerfully consider your involvement in the “All Things Possible” Campaign.
Together, let’s change the world,
– John Wootton, Network Superintendent & the Heartland Board of Directors
Buildings are important…but it’s what happens in the buildings that matters most.
Developing leaders to multiply disciples of Jesus by the Spirit’s power! For leaders and churches around Ohio to accomplish this mission over the next ten years, there’s much prayer and work that must start sooner rather than later. Now is the time to link arms across the state to prepare our local ministries and facilities, as well as our gem of a conference center, for the multiple gatherings we’ll have for prayer, Holy Spirit baptisms, discipleship training and more.
The development of 3 strategic facilities will greatly increase Heartland’s ability to say Yes! to groups and gatherings who are currently being turned away. Think of it! We can significantly maximize millions of dollars we’ve already invested in underused kitchen, bed and bath space by adding 10 smartly designed breakout spaces, doubling our capacity!
Add a large multipurpose facility and breakout building
- Accommodates our growing youth and kids camps
- Frees up the current multipurpose for use as overflow dining space, eliminating the need for multiple meal shifts and greatly improving the overall camp schedule and experience
- Allows for multiple larger groups to hold events simultaneously, maximizing the number of beds
- Allows for gender-specific ministry to take place within our camps and retreats
- Provides indoor recreation space during inclement weather
- Saying yes instead of no to many more groups
- Offers six individual breakout rooms accommodating 60 participants each with partitioned walls allowing for a variety of configurations
- Provides much needed workshop and classroom space for OMN camps, conferences and training opportunities, the Heartland COMPASS team building and the Heartland Outdoor School
“I can’t overstate how helpful the Compass team building experience was for our staff and my own life. Heartland wisely encouraged us to include our pastors, admin and facilities staff as one team for the retreat. Now six months later we continue to enjoy energizing levels of harmony, laughter, trust and kingdom productivity.”
-Chris Beard, Lead Pastor, Peoples Church, Cincinnati
Oakwood Center addition
- Addition of front porch providing much-needed hangout space
- Conference room doubles as operations center for summer camps and large groups
- Addition of coffee shop
- Additional offices to accommodate Health Officers and staff
The Lord will fulfill His purpose for (Ohio). – Psalm 138:8
New Multipurpose and Breakout Building
Total amount to fund project debt free: $3.8 million*
Oakwood Center Addition
Total amount to fund project debt free: $1.7 million*
Total amount to fund BOTH projects debt free: $5.5 million*
Minimum pledge goals: $2 million* with minimum of $1 million cash.
*The scope of the project and any amount financed will be determined by the funds raised.
There are two ways to give:
Online by clicking here
By Mail: Ohio Ministry Network 8405 Pulsar Place, Columbus, OH 43240
With God, all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
A capital campaign for Heartland Conference Retreat Center because
WHAT HAPPENS HERE CHANGES THE WORLD!